Sunday Remix: The Basic Trench


I don't advocate buying a lot of so-called basics many sites and magazines tout as being necessary in every wardrobe. I think everyone ends up having their own, unique basics; for example white button-downs and black trousers barely get any wear in my closet. Even when I briefly worked as a secretary my blouses were more colorful and a knee-length skirt was always preferable to trousers. One constant basic in my wardrobe is a trench coat. I usually own several in different colors and patterns (one of my favorites right now is this green one), but this khaki-toned trench is my most worn style. It's from ASOS a couple of years ago, but they still have similar styles available. It's not necessarily a piece everyone should invest in, but it's a basic I can't go without.


No comments:

Post a Comment