Beach Bunny


A day I never thought would come has come to pass: a day when Ireland felt too hot to me! Northern Ireland is a moderate climate and having checked the weather reports before I flew I packed a variety of thigh high socks and tights options in addition to jackets and coats "just in case." I didn't anticipate a week of beautiful weather and a day where I felt like I was melting under the sun's all-consuming glare. Luckily it was the weekend and we slathered on the sunscreen and headed for the coast to enjoy a day at the beach. Normally I'd go swimming but while the air was hot the sea felt like it could hold an iceberg--dipping my toes in was enough to instantly cool me off. And on hot days it's nice to be able to wear this braided hairstyle again; it stands up so well to wind or rolled down car windows and keeps your neck cool. I made a tutorial video back in 2010 which shows how I achieve this hairstyle. My hair might be shorter and blonder, but my method remains the same.

Outfit details:
Shop Ruche earrings
Rebecca Minkoff backpack (similar)
*pictures by Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment