Laying The Scene


Too often I take for granted the wealth of information that is only a fingertip away--the amount of books available online for free, the archives available to browse, and yet I usually waste my time looking at the same old sites and reading about who wore what to blank event. I definitely feel sucked into a culture of useless information sometimes and have to fight to correct my habits. Anyway, recently I stumbled upon the American Museum of Natural History's digital exhibits and have since spent countless hours enjoying their website. The featured exhibit right now is on rare illustrated books of natural history--stunning and interesting. Visually I got the biggest kick out of their surreal exhibit preparation pages where giant centipedes and miniature buffalos take center stage. Very fun. Overall visiting the site was a good reminder to utilize the resources available to anyone with a computer and access to the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment