Mister Finch


It's too late to amend my birthday list, but man do I ever want a giant textile moth. Mister Finch creates these whimsical textile sculptures, rendering insects and arachnoids I'd usually consider pests into covetable creations. He's a self-taught artist inspired by nature and British folklore, which he finds in abundance in home of Leeds in Yorkshire. This description of his work completely seals my admiration, "Most of my pieces use recycled materials, not only as an ethical statement, but I believe they add more authenticity and charm. A story sewn in, woven in. Velvet curtains from an old hotel, a threadbare wedding dress and a vintage apron become birds and beasts, looking for new owners and adventures to have. Storytelling creatures for people who are also a little lost, found and forgotten…" Oh dear, I suppose this means I'm a little lost, found and forgotten myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment